20 June 2014

Fossil Walk

Today was on our big trip up the Richmond Hills to dig for fossils. It was a beautiful day for a walk and we were all very excited to use our fossil kits and dig for real fossils.
We were hoping to find some fish Trace Fossils but were pretty happy with all the shell fossils we found.


'Walking through the mud was cool and finding quite a few fossils in one rock was awesome!'
Emma
'I liked the part when we went for a walk further up the hill. I saw lots more fossils in the rocks and I found one to take home to my brother Josh who missed out cause he was sick.'
Grace
'Fun and frustrating because I didn't dig up any fossils but I did find one on the way back.'
Eve
'When we climbed higher the view was great and we found a sign to slide on down the hill.'
Jack
'It was hard climbing up the hill and finding a fossil but I did find one.'
Trinity
'It was tricky to find the fossils at the start but I found a big black one and had to use two hammers to dig it out.'
Jonte
'The view from the top was amazing!'
Caleb
'Hopefully I found the biggest fossil!'
Finn

3 comments:

  1. The walk was EXTRA fun!! I loved it! :^)
    Grace ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Stevens (Savanna's Mum)25 June 2014 at 10:53

    What a great day St Pauls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla for coming with us on our walk and spending the day with us :)

      Delete